Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sites4Students

In the Sites 4 Students week, the things that caught my eye were in the productivity/organization realm (for obvious reasons).
I tried out Backpack because the calendar option appealed to me and it also offered a reminder service. A good way to keep things in a spot where I could get help remembering them and a great way to track my to-do-lists that are always losing themselves.
So, what I found out was that if you want the calendar option it will cost you at least five bucks a month. Well, the site was very nice and the calendar a useful tool, but I had to decline.
The next site I looked at was Notely. Same sort of thing but it had its bugs. Ultimately, the idea is great. It was built by a student that wanted to organize his workload, and after developing it, soon realized its potential. It allows users to suggest improvements and in todays age of internet resources, distance learning, etc...these types of sites are very useful not only for students, but for anyone wanting to interact. It offers note-sharing, scheduling, friends lists and RSS feeds.

No comments: